In Celtic cultures the role of the anam cara, or soul friend, was to offer encouragement and vision for the pilgrimage of life.
Following that time honored tradition, Anam Cara Retreats offers both individuals and communities wisdom and companionship for the journey.
From retreat planning and leadership for individuals and faith based communities to journeys through sacred landscapes with kindred spirits, let us help you discover and deepen the movement of the spirit in your life, your community, and the world.
Ancient Wisdom for Today's Journey
Spiritual Practices for the
Season of Samhain
(November 1 - January 31)
Reflect on the wisdom of the saints and ancestors who have gone before you.
Embrace the shorter days and longer nights, welcoming the time to turn inward and be still. Give thanks for the dark as well as the light.
Let go of the embers of what doesn't ignite your imagination and consider ways to kindle new sparks of passion
in your life.
MOVING MINDFULLY INTO THE NEW YEAR
Review the year that has passed . . .
Release what you need to let go . . .
Celebrate the milestones of 2014 . . .
Reflect on your intentions for 2015 . . .
Move mindfully into the new year!
This year we are pleased to offer two options to encourage you to move mindfully into the new year.
Option 1: At-Home, On-Line
- Retreat materials sent to you ahead of time include readings, reflection activities, and meditation suggestion
- Work through the exercises and activities according to your own rhythm and schedule
- Periodic emails prompt times to pause for reflection.
- Scheduled opportunities to learn from and share with others via social media or gather your
own retreat community to work through the materials in community
On-line only option, $45. Click here to register through Event Brite.
Option 2: In-Person, Half Day Retreat at Washington National Cathedral - New This Year!
Wednesday, December 31 from 10am - 2 pm
In addition to the benefits of Option 1, the half day retreat offers you time to . . .
- experience the retreat in a community of kindred spirits;
- enjoy guided reflections and meditations;
- explore additional resources and exercises not in the retreat packet; and
- settle into a contemplative rhythm in the quiet alcoves of the Center for Prayer and Pilgrimage with all its resources available to you.
Morning retreat including on-line retreat materials, $60. Click here to register through Event Brite.
Stay connected . . .
Call us at 301-233-7078